Sunday, November 19, 2017

ShanDong MaMa, Melbourne CBD by Rockstar

I love dumplings. I like cheap and cheerful dumplings. I like more refined dumplings. I just like dumplings - Chinese dumplings, Polish ones, Lebanese ones… I'm not picky! 

When a fellow dumpling lover from interstate comes to visit, I felt it was time to visit ShanDong MaMa!

ShanDong MaMa, Melbourne CBD, mackerel dumplings
Ms Dumpling and I arrived just before 6pm; just before it got busy. And busy it did get, quickly.  We chose some of their specialities. The fish dumplings (mackerel) boiled were a bit different - a soft tasty fishy mousse inside soft thin skinned dumplings. I quite enjoyed them but think they would have been better fried to create some textural contrast.

ShanDong MaMa, Melbourne CBD, prawn, black fungus and chives dumplings
The prawn, black fungus and chives fried dumplings were all good. Another thin skin, beautifully fried to create a gorgeous crunch yielding to a delicious filling. We were completely full but I could have kept eating these until I burst! They did Melbourne proud in the dumplings stakes!

Verdict

We liked it
We liked it.
Mid value
Mid value.

Overall

Delicious Dumplings - love the variety available that is so different to those you normally try. Worth visiting.

Also have a gander at Benny's and Big Fil's review of ShanDong MaMa.

Find it at

ShanDong MaMa
Mid-city Arcade
Shop 7, 200 Bourke Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Tel: (03) 9650 3818

Shandong Mama Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...