Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio, South Yarra by Rockstar

If you love sweet stuff and you live in Melbourne and you haven't been to Burch & Purchese, well I'd say you don't really like sweet goodness. Burch & Purchese is a delightful pink shopfront - if you go on a weekend, you'll often get given a sample of whatever goodies might be available. I've been visiting them as long as they've been there. Sometimes I just go in the inhale the sugary buttery scent!

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio, South Yarra
Pastry perfection!

Darren and Cathy and all the staff are just lovely and friendly, even when the same questions are asked, or there's an urgent last minute request for a cake. Oh the cakes… I dreamed that one day someone would love me enough to buy me a B & P cake….   And for my 40th birthday my friends did! That's friendship - and the cake lived up to my dream!!! Oh and Darren may still have been polite when I turned into a blubbering idiot when I got him to sign the cookbook I'd purchased!

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio, South Yarra, chocolate chip cookie
Anyway... The other day I was in the area and the smell was just… The stuff of dreams! They've added some pastries - croissants and danishes - to their range, as well as a chocolate chip cookie with 3 single origin chocolates. I'm pretty sure it's a 50:50 chocolate to cookie ratio! I won't say any more - just buy the cookie. Eat the cookie. Buy me one while you're there please…

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio, South Yarra, chocolate caramel banana peanut butter tube
B & P are famous for their tube desserts. B & P make magic. Even the flavours I think I won't like… I do. When I saw a new flavour combo with some of my faves I just had to. Chocolate, caramel, banana and peanut butter. It's rich and multi textured to keep you interested. So so so good. I don't like banana but I was willing to risk it. Glad I did. And that caramel…  and the marshmallow... and dark chocolate cream... Even the banana bread…

Choose a tube, any tube. You'll be happy, I guarantee it!

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio, South Yarra
Cabinet prettiness!

Verdict

We loved it
We loved it.
Cheap eats
Cheap eats.

Overall

A sophisticated adult Willy Wonka - pink sweet heaven.

Also have a gander at the birthday cake that Bureaucrat got from Burch & Purchese.

Find it at

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio
647 Chapel Street
South Yarra VIC 3141
Phone: (03) 9827 7060

Burch & Purchese Sweet Studio Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...