Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Annoying Brother, North Fitzroy by Bureaucrat

There’s nothing like having a day off work and just keeping to your own lack of schedule.  On this sunny weekday, I happened to be travelling through Fitzroy and was on the lookout for a cafe.

I spotted Annoying Brother and, to make things even better, managed to get a car space right outside the cafe.

Open windows, sunshine and a lovely breeze set the scene for my late lunch.  An even lovelier soy chai latte was presented – deep in flavour with lots of warmth from the ginger and cinnamon spices.

I wanted a healthy lunch – so I got the corn fritters w avo, salsa, haloumi, smoked salmon and salad.  Very nice this was, too.  And also very generous in size!  Three thick fritters with lots of corn through it.  The avo, salsa and salad were all fresh.  I loved the chewy salty pan fried haloumi and there was a nice amount of smoked salmon to go with the three fritters.  Simple but done really well.

Verdict
Food – 8.5
Service - 8
Ambience - 7
Price – 7.5

Overall
A nice cafe with friendly staff.  I really liked the food and definitely go back when I’m in the area again.  Also, have a gander at Big Fil’s review back in November 2012.

Address
Annoying Brother
650 Nicolson Street
Fitzroy North VIC 3068
Tel: (03) 9482 9494

Annoying Brother Espresso + Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...