Sunday, February 3, 2013

Creperie le Triskel, Melbourne CBD by Bureaucrat

Back in December, I made a booking for lunch at Creperie le Triskel to farewell Ms B from our team.


As we were a group of about 13 people, I wasn't sure whether we could get a booking, especially in the lead up to xmas.


It turns out that the staff at ClT were very accomodating and they happily took our reservation.  Although they had originally planned to give us the space inside the small cafe, we ended up sitting outside (and taking up all the tables!) as it was a humid day.

Here is a selection of some of the things we ordered...


...La Biquette.  Buckwheat crepe w goats cheese, spinach, tomatoes and pine nuts.


...La M'sieur Bernand.  Buckwheat crepe w Swiss cheese, egg and ham.


...Croque Monsieur.  Although I thought the croque was a tad burnt, Mr U declared that this was most delicious.  It certainly looked cheesy and gooey.  I was more than a tad envious of him as my crepe was kinda boring and bland.


...I got La Korigan, a buckwheat crepe w bechamel, Swiss cheese, mushroom and spinach.  I also asked for the extra prosciutto, but it did not come with it (although I was charged for it).  The crepe was bland and wasn't bad but wasn't memorable - although, I do recall it not being hot/warm when it was served.  It wasn't too cheesy but with the absence of the salty, savoury prosciutto, it felt like eating salad with a buckwheat pancakes.  I'm usually quite full after a buckwheat crepe at Roule Galette.  However, I got hungry a few hours after eating my crepe here.  I definitely still prefer the crepes at Roule Galette (refer my review back in Feb 2012).

Verdict
Food – 6.5
Service – 7
Ambience – 7.5
Price – 7

Overall
Friendly, accomodating staff with French accents.  They do take bookings, although sometimes it's a bit hard getting a hold of someone on the phone.

Although we pre-ordered, it did take a while for the crepes to come out.  I know it's unfair to expect a small cafe to serve dishes out quickly (and they're probably juggling our orders with the rest of the diners) but there was quite a lag between some of us getting our food.

I don't mind ClT.  It has charm and it's cute.  However, my heart and stomach much prefers Roule Galette.

Address
Creperie le Triskel
32 Hardware Lane
Melbourne 3000
Telephone: 0466 406 404

Creperie le Triskel on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...