Saturday, November 12, 2011

Barista Express, Melbourne CBD by Bureaucrat

For a catch up, Ms P and I had lunch near her place of employment.


I usually don’t head up into this part of town...mainly because, well, I’ve nothing to do around there. But I was pleasantly surprised to see a gaggle of cafes that had lots of patrons and nice buzz going. We went to Barista Express, which is a favourite place for Ms P.


BE is like most cafes – a range of sandwiches and salads and lunchy sort of dishes. Ms P went for a chicken salad (I can't remember exactly what it was), which had lots of fresh veg.


I went for the grilled chicken avocado salad. I was quite impressed with the serving size and the freshness of the ingredients. I especially liked the fact that they weren’t stingy on the good stuff – ie avocado and chicken. I can’t stand places where they only give you a smear of under-ripe avo. Also, BE scored points for have just the perfect amount of dressing – evenly coated salad leaves, and not at all soggy.


I really enjoyed my salad, but after our empty plates were cleared, the table next to us had their lunch delivered. And, Oh.My.God.... did I have serious food envy. The two ladies had both ordered the squid salad. I was enraptured with the salad that I asked if I could take a photo. Gorgeous, generous, heaping mound of pan-fried squid. The two ladies were pretty pleased with their salads. I instantly promised myself that I would have to come back and order this dish.

Verdict
Food - 9
Service - 8
Ambience - 9
Price - 9

Overall
As I said, I’m not familiar with this end of town, but I do recommend you trying this place. Great food, great prices and good vibes.

Address
Barista Express
Goldsborough Lane
181 Williams Street
Melbourne 3000
Phone: 0670 6620

Barista Espress on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...