Friday, September 23, 2011

Giraffe, England by Bureaucrat

I first ate at the cafe chain Giraffe at Heathrow airport. Ever since then, I quite like its wide range in food and the reliable service. I'm usually skeptical of any restaurant or cafe that has a varied menu - in my view, often it means that they try to be all things to all people, but end up dissapointing everyone. However, I'm glad to say that Giraffe isn't like that at all.


On a sunny work day, a few of us decided to have lunch at Giraffe.


Feeling the need to be a virtuous, I got the grilled chicken, tiger prawn and mango salad. The grilled chicken pieces were tender and had that pleasing grilled flavour - ditto with the prawns. There was also a generous sprinkling of toasted walnuts. The sweetness of the mango went well with the other ingredients.


Ms S got the farmers' market vegetable burrito, which was a very generous size. It was packed with roasted squash, pinto beans, feta and rice. It came with an avocado salad with a tequila and lime dressing. Ms S liked her dish, and to her credit she polished off the whole burrito.


Ms G got the sunshine toasted focaccia bruschetta, which was a toasted focaccia with mozzerella, olives, tomatoe and red pepper. It came with a small bowl of wedges.

Overall
I love the reliability of the food and service at Giraffe. Especially when I'm about to catch a flight, it's good to know that you can eat something that's healthy and fresh and they're quick in getting the food out to you.

I usually order one of its yummy fruit smoothies - thick and fruity, they are delicious. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo of them.

Address
Giraffe
19-21 Brunswick Centre
Russell Square WC1N 1AF
Telephone: 020 7812 1336

Giraffe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...